Crashed and Burned

Not a great test run today!!!

Crashed at a big intersection just before returning the bike to the dealer.  BUMMER!!!!  What does that mean??  Bike to big?? or Pilot Error??  I was test driving a BMW F800gs.  Previously interested in the BMW 650gs, but so many adventurer riders recommend the 800.  I can see why, it was lovely to ride - sits up high, very comfortable and powerful!  I'm 5'9" and my toes touched the ground, but not flat feet.

My leg somewhat protected the bike in the fall, however the bike lost a turn signal and is very scraped up on the side.  

My leg is quite swollen and bruised, doesn't want to bend much.  And it hurts!!!   Shook me up a bit, I'll tell ya.  But I got back on the horse and finished.

Ugh, now what??  Well I did try helmets on today, and found one I liked, but not the color, so I ordered the same helmet from the US for less than half what it costs here and in the Matte Black I wanted!

That must mean I am still on my way, just a bit torn as to what bike I will take.  Salesman said before I got on the 800 that the 650 is better for me.  He wasn't even upset I crashed his bike, but he took me over to the 650 and said here, sit on this again.  What a nice man!!

But then there is the adventure bike in Melbourne I am supposed to go see tomorrow. It's the 800 again, however it is completely set up with everything I need and ready to go!

My leg is big and throbbing, and usually the 2nd and 3rd day are worse.  

It's not the end of the world, and I just remembered that young Jessica Watson crashed her yacht into a cargo ship on her test run.  Not the same, I know but if it makes me feel a little better..

Oh well, that's enough for poor poor pitiful me.  But thought you'd enjoy the update.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment